How To Apply For Canada Visitor Visa: To travel to and enter Canada as a visitor for up to 6 months, nationals of countries requiring visas must get a visitor visa, often known as a temporary resident visa. We insert your passport with the visitor visa. It demonstrates that you are eligible to enter Canada.
For people affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine
You can apply for the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET) to come to Canada temporarily if you’re
- a Ukrainian national
- a family member of a Ukrainian national, find out more about CUAET
1. About The Document
Your passport will be stamped with a visitor visa, often a temporary residence visa.
It demonstrates that you are eligible to enter Canada.
Most visitors to Canada require a visiting visa.
If you’re travelling through a Canadian airport in transit before arriving at your final location, you could additionally require one.
A guest visa application is available online.
How long you can stay
Most travellers to Canada are permitted to stay for up to six months.
The border services officer may let you stay for less than six months at the point of entry.
If so, they will record the deadline for your departure in your passport.
They may also provide you with a visiting record, including the time you must depart and other information.
If your passport is not stamped, you may remain in Canada for six months, beginning on the day you entered or until your passport expires, whichever occurs first.
You can ask a border services officer for a stamp if you need one.
Ask the border officer when you’re done with the primary inspection kiosk if you arrive at an airport that employs them.
Make sure you need a visitor Visa before you apply
You may need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. The entry document you need depends on:
- the type of travel document you plan to travel with
- the country that issued your travel document
- your nationality
- your method of travel to Canada for this trip, Find out if you need a visitor Visa.
2. Steps to apply
Step 1: Get the documents that show you meet the criteria for a visitor Visa.
Step 2: Apply online by creating an account, Uploading your documents, and paying your fees.
Step 3: Give your biometrics( Photo and fingerprint )
You typically have to provide biometrics.
If your local visa application centre is closed due to COVID-19, temporary biometric security measures are in place. Find out what to do for your biometrics.
How your application is processed
We’ll examine your application to ensure it contains all the required documentation. We will return your application unprocessed if it is insufficient. If your application is accepted, we will require you to provide us with a copy of your passport.
3. Who can apply
To obtain a visitor visa, you must fulfil a few prerequisites.
You have to:
- have a valid travel document, like a passport
- be in good health
- have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
- convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- have enough money for your stay( How long you plan to stay and whether you plan to stay in a hotel or with friends or family will determine how much money you will need.)
List of individuals who are not allowed to enter Canada
Some persons are not authorized to enter Canada because they are not eligible.
You may be ineligible for admission for several reasons, such as:
- criminal activity
- human rights violations
- organized crime
4. Supporting Documents
Check from here.
5. How to Apply
- Get the documents you need for a visitor visa.
- Find out what to do for your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) –Most applicants need to give their biometrics if it is the first time they apply.
Why are you applying for a visitor Visa?
- to reunite with a relative
- to travel for business
- To support a person who is seriously ill or attends a funeral.
- to board a ship (marine crew member)
- to take up diplomatic office
- To accompany a member of one’s immediate family taking up diplomatic duty.
- to manage the affairs of Ukraine Airlines PS752 victim
- To obtain the Canada-Ukraine emergency travel authorization (CUAET)
- Not the aforementioned.
6. After you apply
Click here to check what is next after your application.