Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students In Canada: Canada is one of the best countries in the world for quality of life and consistently ranks among the most developed nations in the world.
Studying in Canada will give you access to some of the best professors and educators in the world, giving you an internationally renowned education.
What are the advantages of studying in Canada for international students?
Your experience will shape your life, whether you decide to attend school in one of our vast, thriving cities or choose a small campus in a friendly, family-like neighborhood.
It can result in more excellent professional opportunities at home, a career, and a future in Canada.
You will, at least, have access to our four splendid seasons, vast open spaces, an abundance of animals, cultural richness, a pristine environment, and an extraordinary standard of living.
Find out what makes Canada unique.
Studying in Canada is open to students from throughout the world.
Here Is The Top list of Four Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students In Canada:
1. University Of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
An overseas student starting their undergraduate studies at the university in the Fall term is given the coveted University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship in recognition of their exceptional achievements.
Academic achievement is one requirement for the Scholarship, but other accomplishments must be considered.
- Host Institution(S): University of Calgary
- Level/Field(s) of study: Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Target Group: International students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- Scholarship Value/Inclusions: The award is worth $15,000 and is available to University of Calgary students in their second, third, and fourth years as long as they maintain a 2.60 or higher GPA across a minimum of 24.00 units throughout the last fall and winter.
A 4-year undergraduate program costs $60,000 in total.
- Applications Instructions: As soon as you apply for admission, you can also apply for rewards. Early admission applications are due 1 December 2022, and regular applications are due 1 March 2023 for Fall 2022 admission (standard admission). For comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship, it is crucial to visit the official website (link provided below).
- Website: University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship official website: https://www.ucalgary.ca/registrar/awards ( Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students In Canada)
2. Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at the University of British Columbia
International undergraduate students who exhibit exceptional academic accomplishment, leadership abilities, interest in student activities and community service and achievement in other crucial areas are recognized with the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award.
- Host Institution(s): the University of British Columbia in Canada
- Level/Field of Study: Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC
- Number of Awards: Approximately 50 were distributed across 4 awards
- Target Group: International students.
- Scholarship Value/Inclusions/Duration: Your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award’s value is inversely correlated to your level of financial need. Calculating how much money you and your family may contribute each year is done by adding together your tuition, fees, and living expenses.
A typical needs analysis is built on the financial data that you and your family have submitted. Your award may be extended for up to three more years of undergraduate study or until you complete your degree, whichever comes first, providing you maintain your Canadian study permit, demonstrate continued financial need, and maintain satisfactory academic standing in your faculty (student visa).
- Eligibility: To be taken into consideration for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
1. You must be an international student who has been granted a study permit to study in Canada.
2. You must transfer from your first year of a post-secondary college or another university or attend UBC from a recognized secondary school.
3. You must have completed high school no sooner than June of the two academic years before the one for which you are applying.
For instance, candidates for the class of 2022 must have completed high school no sooner than June 2020.
4. The undergraduate degree you are applying for must be your first.
5. You must present evidence of outstanding academic success (achieve all As or equivalent standards).
6. You must show that your financial situation is such that you would be unable to attend UBC.
7. You must satisfy UBC’s entrance standards, including the English Language Admission Standard and general and degree-specific requirements.
- Application Instructions: The application period for the academic year 2022 is now closed. Applications for 2023 will open soon. You must be nominated by your school or nonprofit organization and submit a reference from an academic referee to apply for the International Scholars program.
Verify that your institution or nonprofit organization has the authority to nominate you, and let your academic referee and nominator know that you plan to apply to the International Scholars Program. By November 15th, submit your grant application and the online UBC admissions form.
By January 31st, you must fulfill the UBC English Language Admission Requirement. To access the online application form and to get comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship, it is crucial to go to the official website (link provided below).
- Website: Official Scholarship Website: http://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-international-students/international-scholars/ is the official website for scholarships. ( Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students In Canada )
3. Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship at the University of Toronto
The University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program is designed to honor international students who exhibit outstanding academic achievement and innovation and are regarded as leaders in their schools.
The student’s influence on their school and community and their ability to benefit the world community in the future are given significant consideration.
- Host Institution(s): University of Toronto, Canada
- Level/Field of Study: Undergraduate program offered at the University
- Number of Awards: Each year, approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
- Target Group: International students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools.
- Scholarship Value/Inclusions/Duration: The scholarship will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
- Eligibility: To qualify for the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be one of the following:
- 1. a non-Canadian international student who needs a study permit;
2. You’re in your final year of secondary school or won’t have graduated until June 2022.
3. Commencing your academic career in September 2023 at the University of Toronto (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2023 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
- It would help if you were nominated by your school and applied to the University of Toronto for undergraduate study to be considered a Pearson Scholar.
To apply, you must:
- 1. Get your school to nominate you.
(High schools that haven’t been contacted or validated yet are urged to fill out the nomination rights application available here.)
- 2. Submit your application for admission by the required dates if you plan to start your studies at the University of Toronto in 2023.
- 3. You can submit your Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application online after the University has received your nomination and applied to the school. The deadline for school nominations is November 30, 2022.
The deadline for student admissions is December 14, 2022. (you are recommended to apply before November 7 2022).
The deadline for scholarship applications is January 16, 2023.
For comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship, it is crucial to visit the official website (link provided below)
- Website: Website for the official scholarship: http://future.utoronto.ca/pearson/about#about
4. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS)
To attract and keep top-tier doctoral students and to position Canada as a global hub of excellence in research and higher education, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was established.
The awards are for doctoral studies (or a combination of MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. degrees).
- Host Institution(s): Universities in Canada with Vanier CGS funding.
The Vanier CGS is only valid at the Canadian institution that qualified for it and submitted the nomination.
- Level/Field(s) of Study: Ph.D. programs in health research, natural sciences and engineering research, social sciences and humanities research, or combined MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. programs are all available. As a requirement for completion of the program, an eligible doctoral program must have a significant research component that results in the completion of a thesis, major research project, dissertation, scholarly publication, performance, recital, and exhibit that has been merit/expert-reviewed at the institutional level. If they feature a sizable autonomous research component, as mentioned above, clinically oriented programs of study, such as clinical psychology and joint graduate research programs with a professional degree (e.g., MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D.), are also eligible programs.
- Number of Scholarships: Each year, up to 166 scholarships are given out.
- Target Group: A Vanier CGS candidate may be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or foreign national.
- Scholarship Value/Duration: The scholarship is worth $50,000 per year for three years.
- Eligibility: If you want to be given a Vanier CGS, you must: May only be put forth by one Canadian institution, and that institution must have met the Vanier CGS quota; 1. Be enrolled in your first doctoral program (including a combination of undergraduate/graduate research programs like MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., and JD/Ph.D., assuming they have a proven and significant research component). Keep in mind that funding is only available for the Ph.D. portion of combined degrees;2. Intend to undertake doctoral study and research at the institution that nominated them full-time during the summer semester or the academic year that follows the release of the results; Keep in mind that funding is only available for the Ph.D. portion of combined degrees;3. Have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1 20234. Have no more than 32 months of Ph.D. program study by May 1, 2023, if: Engaged in a dual Ph.D. program, such as an MD/Ph.D., MA/Ph.D., or DVM/Ph.D. Whether or not they were previously enrolled in a Master’s program, accelerated directly from a Bachelor’s to a Ph.D.
(no time spent in a Master’s program), or accelerated from a Master’s degree into a Doctoral program without obtaining the Master’s degree, applicants who fall into this category have access to the 32-month window.5. have completed the previous two years of full-time study with a first-class average—or the equivalent—as decided by your school. Candidates are urged to get in touch with the school to inquire about what constitutes a first-class average; and6. Must not be pursuing or have previously completed a doctoral degree while holding a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC.
- Application Instructions: A Canadian institution must recommend candidates with a spot reserved for them.
Direct applications to the Vanier CGS program are not accepted. You can start an application in one of two ways.
To begin the nomination procedure for the Vanier CGS program, either the student notifies the faculty of graduate studies at the chosen institution of their intention to do so OR the institution contacts the intended candidate.
The student uses the ResearchNet application system to construct the application and submit it to the nominating institution by the internal deadline.
The Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) is then forwarded the nominating institution’s suggested nominations by 1 November 2022.
Go to the official website (link provided below) to access the application form and learn all the information necessary to apply for this scholarship. ( Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students In Canada )
- Website: Official Scholarship Website: http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html